Residential Waste Collection
We have been providing waste collection services to homes in the Western Communities, (including Sooke and the Highlands) for over 35 years. We offer friendly, flexible service on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis and if your pick-up day happens to fall on a holiday that’s no problem as we pick up on all holidays except Christmas Day!
Benefits of choosing Alpine Group for your Residential Waste Collection:
- We don’t charge a service fee for making adjustments to your account
- We bill quarterly in January, April, July and October
- We have 32 Gal, 64 Gal and 96 Gal garbage cans available for rental or purchase
- We offer a lifetime warranty with our garbage cans (if rented from us)
- We offer a 10% discount on payments made a year in advance
- We pick up every holiday except for Christmas Day
- We offer flexible weekly, bi-weekly or monthly pick-up
Frequently asked Questions:
- Need an audit of your account for tax purposes? Our friendly staff are able to provide you with a list of all your transactions for the year.
- Automated Payments? Set up “Alpine” as a payee through your financial institution, or leave your credit card on file and we are able to process your card automatically on a quarterly basis
- Have biweekly collection but forgot to put your garbage out on your week? Simply call our office and we are more than happy to schedule a pick up on your “off” week and provide you with a complimentary collection schedule calendar to help keep you on track
- Not sure which level of service your family may need? Contact our friendly staff today to see what level of service is the most cost-efficient for your family
- My pick up day is on Christmas? We take the time to call all of our customers who fall on this day and provide you with an alternative pick-up day
- Curbside Blue Bins/Bags not picked up? This service is actually done through the CRD. You can contact them at 250-360-3030 for any inquiries
- What time should I have my waste at the curb side? Waste containers must be curbside by 7 AM to ensure collection
- What size container should I be using? Maximum 1 can container size is 120 Litre (32 gallons) with a maximum weight of 55 lbs.
- I have extra garbage this week? Please advise our head office of any extra refuse, charges will appear on your next statement.
Recommendations for Odour Control in Garbage and Kitchen Scraps Bins
- Where possible store your garbage container in a shed, garage or other enclosed structure
- Double bag smelly garbage
- Freeze kitchen scraps until disposal
- Add ¼ cup baking soda and ¼ cup of borax to the garbage or kitchen scraps tote to absorb odours. You can also add a handful of moth balls or use an organic odour-absorbing product that is usually available at your local hardware store.
- You can take your kitchen scraps to our transfer station at 1045 Dunford Ave in Langford
Kitchen Scraps Program
The Alpine Group also offers curbside collection of kitchen scraps for Residential Waste Collection customers. Contact us and we will set you up with a 12 gallon curb-side toter and a 2 gallon container for underneath your sink. We also have compostable bags and bin deodorizer available for purchase at our 1045 Dunford Ave location for your convenience.
Our kitchen scraps service is paired directly with our garbage collection, your pick up frequency and day will be the same as your garbage collection. We have split compartments in our trucks to ensure we are as efficient and environmentally friendly as possible.
Yard and Garden Waste Collection
Once you have a residential waste collection account set up with us you can add Yard and Garden Waste Collection to your account for an additional fee. Collection options include toter rental with curbside pick-up or toter rental with “yard-service” where we service at an agreed upon location on your property that is not the curbside.
Have extra branches? Please ensure that they are no larger than 3’ or 1M in length and bundled with string or twine for ease of loading and handling.
Don’t have a residential account with us but looking to get rid of your yard and garden waste? Not a problem, anyone can drop off their bags or truck loads of yard and garden waste to our facility at 1045 Dunford Ave in Langford.
What day will my pick up be?
We pick up yard and garden waste on Mondays and ask that you have your can at the curbside before 7 AM. Please contact our office for your collection day.
Please note that we pick up on the fourth Monday of every month, not necessarily the last as some months have 5 weeks.